Wednesday, April 21

Learning Self Control Phase One: Preparing for the Journey

This is the first in a series of blogs I'm using to chronicle my journey towards a better me. This all started from desire to achieve a better-looking physique. As long as i can remember, I have always wanted to have a decent-looking body. I'm not looking to imitate Arnold or any other ridiculously built guy. I just want to be in shape, lean, and muscular.

For several years now I've been saying the same thing. "I'm going to work out and eat good so that I can get my flat stomach and abs. Well here I am several years later, and although I'm not insanely obese, I'm still no closer to my flat stomach than I was three years ago.

So now the moment of truth. How do I get what I want and not keep repeating this same redundant cycle over and over again? I've discovered several ways to do so, and if this approach to my dilemma doesn't work, I think I will toss out the idea of ever getting a six-pack.

So this is my plan. First, I recruited my all time BFF Karissa to hold me accountable to the rules, regulations, and goals I'm setting for myself. She will be checking up on my workouts, meal plan, etc. to see if I'm doing what I'm supposed to. Second, I'm telling all of you people out in blogger world about what I'm doing so there's nothing left to hide. If everyone knows what I'm doing, then I will have more drive to accomplish the goals I've told everyone I'm setting for myself.

Basically my trek towards a flat stomach (my ultimate goal is a good-looking physique, but for now I'm focusing on the abdominal region) is comprised of two main categories: a strict meal plan and intense workouts. I plan to do cardio everyday, and a total body workout every other day. Both the meal plan and exercise will aid in the development of muscle, while making my body healthier and zapping those unwanted fat cells.

I started my journey on Sunday, April 18, 2010, and plan to continue it until I reach my desired physique. Once I loose the last few stubborn pounds of belly fat, I will probably move away from the strict meal plan I'm on and develop a higher-calorie, protein-rich diet.

I will try to post at least once a week on progress, and any interesting workouts and/or meals that came my way that week. Hopefully by June/July I should be seeing some pretty decent results. Stay tuned and see how things turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment