Tuesday, March 23

Content with Cleanliness

So today, after a very long morning in bed, Crockett and Jodi decided today would be clean-up day. They are planning on having some friends over Saturday night to watch UFC 111, so we wanted the house to look nice.

We had run into some problems with the clothes dryer so after a quick trip to Lowe's (and stopping for a tasty bite at Subway), we came back to the house and Crockett and I got the dryer back in working condition. Once the dryer was fixed, I decided to tackle my bedroom and get it looking spot on. I then migrated to the living room, where the 1993 comedy "Coneheads" was playing on the television. I found myself quite amused by this very corny movie which in turn continually distracted me from the work at hand. After spending much more time than necessary in the living room (i mean, come on! I had to finish the movie), I turned to the kitchen/dining room, all the while washing my growing pile of dirty laundry which as of late has seemed to get neglected.

Needless to say, I am now laying on my bed amidst a very clean room, satisfied at a day put to good use, and exuberant that almost all of my previously soiled clothes are now fresh, clean, and tucked away in their respective drawers. Now if I could just find a decent job, then life would be perfect. I'm not complaining though. I'm doing just fine, and I know the right job will show up when the time is right.

Well, another good day has gone by, and if tomorrow comes, I know it will be a good one to. I'm going to finish the night off with an iPod, earbuds, and a great playlist of some peaceful favorites to send me off into a tranquil slumber.

Always remember, the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment