Sunday, March 28

Technology: Have we taken it too far?

As I'm writing this blog I find myself sitting in a living room with three of my friends. "Everybody's Fine" is playing on a 55" TV with surround sound. While enjoying the movie should be entertaining enough, somehow each of us has placed ourselves behind the display of our laptops, all working on something different. Then there is the occasional glance at the cell phone to check for an incoming text. What has technology done to us?

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love technology. Seriously, I mean, I hope to get a job as a Systems Analyst someday (if the recording artist thing doesn't work out), so I really love technology. Well, I appreciate it too, not just enjoy and love it. I'm glad there are brilliant minds out there that develop this awesome technology that I get to use everyday. I just hope it isn't to our detriment. I mean what happens when the computers go all "Terminator" status on us and become self aware, leaving us to fight for survival like a bunch of wild banshees? I know the idea is far-fetched, but you never know :)

Anyways, I just got a kick out of watching all of us sitting here drowning in technology and loving every minute of it. Although I guess the idea of computers trying to take over and rule the world someday may be plausible to some extent, I'm definitely not going to be putting down any of my technology anytime soon. Too far or not, I'm addicted! :)

1 comment: